Saturday 30 April 2011

Nadal - Djokovic Is Not My Concern

Just a couple of days ahead of the Madrid Masters Series tournament, No. 1 Rafael Nadal said that’s he not thinking about potentially meeting No. 2 Novak Djokovic, whom he has yet to play on clay this year, but who beat him in the finals of Indian Wells and Miami. "Djokovic is not my concern, I could only meet him in the final," Nadal said. "My concern is always the first opponent that I’ll face, playing well and not having injuries."

Nadal, who won back to back titles in Monte Carlo and Rome, said that he’s very satisfied with his year and is unconcerned about losing the top spot to the Serbian. "The important thing is to do my best every week and my goal is not to be No. 1, but to be competitive in every tournament,” he said. "It fills me with much more [satisfaction] to win a tournament than to be number No. 1. Djokovic has a good chance of being No. 1 in two or three months. I can lose still lose the ranking winning almost everything and that's not normal. He’s defending very little and I have a lot [to defend] until Wimbledon. To me the important thing are [all] the points in a year."

Courtesy: Tennis.com



Courtesy: TennisX

No comments:

Post a Comment