Saturday 22 January 2011

Rafael Nadal - press conference Part 2

More quotes from the press conference after the 3rd Rd match against Bernard Tomic

Questions remained over Rafa Nadal's health after he said he was still feeling the effects of a flu bug during a 6-2 7-5 6-3 victory over local hope Bernard Tomic at the Australian Open on Saturday.

The world number one was given a thorough workout by the 18-year-old Tomic during an absorbing third-round clash as he maintained his bid to become only the third man, and the first since 1969, to hold all four grand slam titles at once.

"My body is still not perfect," Nadal told reporters after the two and a half hour tussle under the floodlights on a packed Rod Laver Arena. "I am sweating more than usual. I am more tired than usual when I'm playing. I don't know what's going on. I'm doing all that I can."

Nadal, the champion here in 2009, recovered from 4-0 down in the second set to regain control of the match just when Tomic was threatening an uncomfortable night for the Mallorcan.

"I didn't play well tonight," he said. "I played short.

"I have to play closer to the lines. But even if I didn't play my best, for me to win in three sets is a very positive result for me.

"It's more important to win matches when you are not playing your best than when you are playing your best. It's more difficult and has more value. "I have to play better if I want to get to the quarter-finals."

Courtesy:  Yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment