Friday 5 November 2010

Quote from Rafa on Reuters

Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from next week's Paris Masters due to a minor case of tendinitis in his left shoulder, the world number one said on Friday.

The Spaniard, who has had serious problems with tendinitis in his knees over the past few years, said he sustained the injury practicing his serve at home in Mallorca this week and needed to rest for six to seven days.

"It is nothing to be worried about but the doctor told me I have to spend those days doing intensive treatment and functional rehabilitation with physiotherapy," the 24-year-old said in a statement.

"I'm very sorry for the tournament organizers, who've always treated me in a very special way, and especially sorry for all my fans in France and in Paris that I won't be able to be with them in one of my favorite cities in the world," he added.

Nadal, the French Open, Wimbledon and U.S. Open champion, reached the semi-finals of the Paris event last year.

However, he was booed when he pulled out injured during his quarter-final match in 2008.
Nadal said he would be in Paris on Monday to work with the media and meet some of his fans. He is due to play in the season-ending World Tour finals in London later this month.

(Reporting by Eric Salliot in Paris and Iain Rogers in Madrid, editing by Ken Ferris)

Courtesy: Reuters

No comments:

Post a Comment