Sunday 29 January 2012

Rafael Nadal - So Close Today

Oh man, I am knackered after just watching that match never mind playing it.

I feel so much for Rafa right now.  He fought, gave it everything he had and it was not enough.  I am sure I am not alone in thinking that he had the match won when he broke in the 5th set.  I was just waiting for Rafa to hold serve a few more times and that would be it, Australian Open #2.  But no, Novak found the energy from somewhere and snatched the victory away.

Comparing the final today against those of 2011 gives me hope for Rafa.  No doubt this is going to hurt, I am sure he is very downhearted right now in the locker room but he needs to look at the match, maybe in a few days.  Look at all the positives.  He was certainly more aggressive at certain points during the match.  He has pushed Novak like no one has done before.  He has improved a hell of a lot from the defeats of 2011 and he can be very proud of his match today.  I strongly believe that he will get that win over Novak this year, don't know when but it will come.  When it does the game is going to get very interesting.

Until that time Rafa, have a good month off, relax, don't let this get you down too much.  Prepare well for Indian Wells and remember that we are all with you.

VAMOS!

No comments:

Post a Comment