Thursday 13 October 2011

Rafael Nadal - No Team Changes

Rafael Nadal has shot down reports that he might be planning a change of coach after more than a decade and a half with his uncle Toni Nadal, saying that Team Rafa remains a solid unit despite a recent lack of top-level results.

Nadal is making a fresh start at this week's Shanghai Masters, where he is the top seed ahead of on-fire Scot Andy Murray, winner of Bangkok and Tokyo titles in recent weeks.

"I believe 100 percent in my team," said Nadal, beaten by Murray last weekend in the Tokyo final. "I always think when I am losing, is my fault, not the fault of my team.

"I'm not going to be stupid and think that if I have to improve something (it means) different people (must come to the team). I have to improve with the people who know exactly my game and know exactly what I have to do to keep improving. I don't need any change, especially because I feel comfortable and I feel happy with my team."

Toni Nadal is avoiding the Asian swing as usual to spend time with his family but will return to the fold in Europe, said Nadal, coached by his regular fill-in, Spaniard Francisco Roig.

Nadal confessed that as a boss, he's a soft touch anyway. "The only chance to change something will be because someone of my team wants to go. I'm not gonna fire anyone, no."
Courtesy: TennisTalk


No comments:

Post a Comment