Tuesday 16 August 2011

Rafael Nadal - Why Not This Year?

Rafael Nadal has never won a Western & Southern Open, and it's something that hasn't escaped his consciousness.

The world No. 2 ruminated about it Monday at the Lindner Family Tennis Center, where he hopes to change his course.

"I have never played well. It's something in my mind that I have to change. I hope (to) win first round here, and I will be able to play with a little bit more confidence," Nadal said. "After that, you never know. Why not this year I play well? I always think positive."

Nadal has had a few extra days to prepare for this tournament after being bounced by Ivan Dodig in the second round of last week's Rogers Cup in Montreal. It was his first match since Wimbledon in June.

"I lost an important opportunity, I think, in Montreal, because, you know, after (a) long time without play (it) is important to win the first match. That's the most difficult thing to do. I didn't there, and I had a big chance to do it," Nadal said.

Courtesy: Cincinnati.com

No comments:

Post a Comment