Tuesday 28 June 2011

Rafael Nadal - Foot Ok For Training

Defending champion Rafael Nadal looks set to play his Wimbledon quarter-final after an MRI scan revealed that his left foot injury was not as serious as first feared, Sky Sports News reported Tuesday.

The world number one suffered the injury in the first set of his last 16 victory over Juan Martin del Potro on Monday and said that he was unsure whether he'd make Wednesday's quarter-final clash against America's Mardy Fish.

However, a Nadal spokesman told Sky Sports News that the scan had revealed no damage although the top seed would test the foot in a practice session at Wimbledon later in the day.

Nadal needed to have his left foot taped at 6-6 in the first set tie-break of Monday's Centre Court clash and told reporters that he was not optimistic about playing on Wednesday.

"I cannot predict the future but I am worried for sure," he said.

"I felt really bad at 6-5 in the first set. I thought I had broken my foot. I asked for the trainer when the game was done. I didn't know if I will have the chance to continue playing."

Courtesy: Yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment