Tuesday 24 May 2011

Rafael Nadal - The Telegraph Blog

The Times Blog is no more but fear not, it has been replaced by a Blog in the Telegraph.

Rafa has made his first entry today:

Hello everyone,

Let me just say first of all thank you for the opportunity given to me to do this blog. I am very happy to be back doing this for my British fans in particular, and I suppose the rest of the world reading in English.

It is the first time I do this for the The Telegraph and I thank you for the opportunity.

I am starting today at the French Open in Roland Garros although I have been here in Paris practicing and getting ready since Wednesday.

I have a very difficult first round match against one of the most dangerous players that you can find in a first round. You all know and remember John Isner from that dramatic match at Wimbledon last year. Well, that was grass and I don't think it will be the same on clay, but I do know how difficult he can be.

Thanks once again for being there, and I looking forward answering your questions over the next days as long as I am at the tournament.

Rafa ...

And has answered some questions:

Q. What are those funny biscuits you always eat in your press conferences? (JH, Bristol)
Rafa: Hahahahaha, they are the Quelitas (Quely) that we always eat in Majorca. They are salty and VERY good! We always eat them and I have them at every tournament. Very typical Majorca.

Q. What do you think is the most important shot for clay court tennis? (Mark Atkins-Hay, Tamworth)
Rafa: I think every shot is important. Maybe the strategy is the best shot since you have to play with a clear game plan, be patient and know how to do things, every thing.

Q: There has been a lot of talk about the new Babolat balls at Roland Garros – do you have an opinion? How much of a: difference do the balls make? (Sami)
Rafa: They are typical Roland Garros ball. A bit faster and harder than usual which allows speed and high bounces. I actually like them,

Q: I know players often like to eat in the same places – do you ever find it funny constantly bumping into the same players? (Ed, London)
Rafa: No, I normally don't eat at the same places for a matter of luck. I do eat and repeat places because I like them.

Q: Who do you most like to play Pro Evo with, and who is the current champion? (Rich Williams)
Rafa: I am playing currently with Inter de Milan which allows me to defend well and counter attack! No current champions, but I am playing a lot against David Ferrer

Q: Do you think Manchester United have any chance in the Champions League final against Barcelona? (David, Paris)
Rafa: A final is a final and anything can happen. Barça is playing great and they have proven to be a great team. We'll see what happens. I am sure it will be again a nice final!

Q: Hi Rafa, as a keen golfer, do you ever attempt any 'Seve Ballesteros-style shots' on the course, or are you more conservative? (Pat Norman, Wilts)
Rafa: I am a bit more conservative, and not even close to his game or even his talent!

Q: Hi Rafa. Djokovic has clearly found a new level – do you think you have reached your peak of performance, or do you think you can still improve? (Thariq)
Rafa: I think there is always room for improvement, that's why we all keep working!

Q: How much time do you spend in the gym? More or less than you do on the practice courts? (Helen Thomas, Preston)
Rafa: It depends on the time of the year but not much these days. It is more in the pre-season. I don't really go to the gym during a tournament. I focus more on the court practice and physiotherapy.

If you have a question for Rafa send it to this email sportfeedback@telegraph.co.uk

Courtesy: Telegraph

No comments:

Post a Comment