Thursday 10 February 2011

Rafael Nadal - So far, so good :-)

Courtesy: Official Website

After undergoing physiotherapy and anti-inflammatory treatments for a period of 10 days, Rafa Nadal has begun training again at his hometown in Mallorca.

The world No.1 suffered an 'Adductor longus rupture of the left leg' during the quarterfinals of the Australian Open a couple of weeks ago and thankfully -for him and his fans, the injury was treatable and fixed in a short period of time. In fact, Rafa said at a press conference yesterday that he feels great.

"I feel quite good, I am going home today (Tuesday) to Manacor to begin training," then he continued. "I am going to start training slowly, following a plan, so that there are no setbacks."

Just like he said, later that afternoon and in front on the Spanish media, Rafa begun his preparation for the Davis Cup first-round tie against Belgium, which will take place from the 4th to the 6th of March.

“So far, everything feels good. This is the first time back I can really assess how I feel as the previous days have been all about physical training. I need to follow a specific progressive training plan so that I can adapt slowly and get back to the same rhythm I had before this happened to me,” said Rafa to IB3TV.

He has 15 days before the entire team travels to Belgium for the first Davis Cup match of the year and that means he can take it easy for a few more days.
“The important thing is not putting myself at risk. I want to take it slowly and then next week I can take it more seriously,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment