Friday 7 January 2011

Rafa to stay in Doha

Courtesy: Tennis.com

Rafael Nadal, who has been struggling with flu this week, has lost 6-3, 6-2 to Nikolay Davydenko in the semifinals of Doha and says he will remain in the city for a couple of days before travelling to Melbourne.

"I stay here because I have to get healthy before I travel," he said. "Going by plane sometimes makes you worse. And at the same time I don't have anything to do right now in Australia."

Nadal said he knew during the first set he was in no condition to win the match. "I thought about retiring for a moment," he said. "I felt real bad, but, you know, is difficult for me to go off court. It's not nice for the crowd, not nice for the tournament, not nice for the opponent, too."

More in-depth article here

No comments:

Post a Comment