Wednesday 10 November 2010

Paris Masters - Day 4 - 10/11/2010

Another bumper day in prospect.

Here is the OOP

First up is Roddick v Nieminen.  Whilst Jarkko has been in somewhat good form of late i cannot see him causing any problems for Roddick.  This will be only the 2nd meeting between the 2, the first was at the other tournament in Paris in May this year.  My pick Roddick

Following this is Djokovic v Monaco.  This could be a tricky one for Novak.  Monaco has been showing some good form of late but is still prone to errors (look at the matches in Valencia)  Novak on the other hand is having a great finish to the year, just like 2009.  He will be desperate to defend another title after missing the chance last week in Basel.  My pick Djokovic

Match of the day is 3rd on court.  A repeat of a match from Toronto where Murray was a comfortable winner but also a match that took place 2 years ago right here when Nalbandian was the easy victor (my first ever live tennis match)  Both players are capable of great tennis and with the courts playing very quick this year i am giving the edge to Nalbandian.  If he can stay with Andy at the start he has a good shot at winning this match.  Andy just needs to play his game, play at his defensive best and try tire out David in the rallies.  My pick Nalbandian

Isner v Llodra is the final match of the day session and tbh doesn't really get me excited.  I see an acefest from Isner with Llodra doing his best to get some nice volleys in.  My pick Isner

The night session starts with top seed Federer against Gasquet.  Federer against "baby Federer" One handed BH against one handed BH.  This should be a match for all those who see tennis as an art as well as a sport.  The main contest could be who hits the most BH shanks but I expect a competitive but probably one sided match.  My pick Federer

Final match of the evening is Simon v Soderling.  Normally i would expect Soderling to take this but given his form of late i am not so sure.  Simon is still trying to cement his place in the France DC for the final and comes to Paris on the back of a decent run in Valencia.  Both players like to drop sets when playing each other so i expect a 3 set match.  My pick Soderling

Honourable mention to Melzer who is my MTL suicide pick, don't let me down Jurgen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment