Sunday 21 November 2010

First day at the ATP World Tour Finals

Just got back to the hotel (via the pub) from my first day at the World Tour Finals at the O2.

Started the day by meeting up with some friends from MTL then headed off to the practice courts. This year there are 2 more practice courts with seating. There was a queue but I could see Marc Lopez on court so we joined the line. After a short wait we got courtside, just in time for Rafa to stop play and leave,LOL! We sat about for a while longer then decided to head for our seats. We walked past the other practice court and there was Rafa!!! We stayed for around 10 minutes then left to watch the tennis.

The doubles was a bit of a let down, I had been looking forward to watching Petz & Melzer but the Bryan's won easy.

Next up was the singles, and once again a bit of a let down. I expected a bit more fight from Robin but with the courts playing slow and him just recovering from a virus I guess he wasn't firing on all cylinders. Credit to Murray he got stuck in and played some lovely winners and never let Robin settle.

We again met up with my friends in between the sessions and we went to Pizza Express and it was yummy.

Back in for the evening session and again a let down as I enjoy watching Leander Paes. Oh well. The singles match was rather predictable with Roger running away with the first set but David settling and making more of a fight of it in the second. A little bit too late and Roger won in straights.

I have lots of photos but the wifi connection is not great plus I am whacked. I will upload the photos once I am back home on Thursday.

Rafa tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment