Monday 15 November 2010

Andy Murray tempted by Boris?

Andy Murray has hinted that he may be willing to work with Boris Becker in future as he continues his hunt for a new coach.

The Scot has been without a full-time trainer since his shock split from Miles Maclagan after Wimbledon, where he reached the semi-finals. His form since that time has shown signs of improvement, with two titles to his name, and he insists that he is no hurry to appoint a new mentor.

But Murray, who has slumped to No. 5 in the world rankings following his quarter-final defeat to Gael Monfils in Paris last week, admits that the thought of working with Becker - a three-time Wimbledon winner - is tempting.

"I hadn't thought about that, but he'd be someone I wouldn't write off - there's a lot of past players who could definitely help so I wouldn't rule Boris out," Murray told a webchat with Telegraph Sport.

Ahead of the ATP World Tour Finals at O2 Arena, which start on November 21, Murray has revealed that he prefers playing Rafael Nadal to Roger Federer - despite the fact he has a better record against the Swiss legend.

"Against Federer I've beaten him a lot in best of three set matches, against Nadal I've beaten him a few times in best of five in Grand Slams," Murray said. "I prefer playing Nadal even though my record's not as good, I like playing against him more. The rallies are more fun."

Courtesy: ESPN UK

No comments:

Post a Comment