Wednesday 20 October 2010

Roger interview in Stockholm

In this 7:30 interview, Federer breaks out some Chinese and talks about his year (losing three matches with matchpoints), his desire to return to No. 1 and the possibility of winning a calendar Grand Slam, something he calls “far-fetched”.



After a long flight from Shanghai, Roger Federer arrived in Stockholm on Monday “energized, fresh and motivated and ready to go”.

“Actually I’m not jetlagged,” said the top-seeded Federer during a press conference at the tournament. “I went to bed at midnight and woke up at 10 which is perfect. It wasn’t very tiring in Shanghai, and the only tough match I played was against Djokovic in the semis. I have a Thursday start here, and I’m very confident that I will be in perfect shape.”

In his 900th career ATP match, Federer will play the winner between Taylor Dent and Michal Przysiezny on Thursday.

“I like to play tennis and I haven’t been here in 10 years. And the fact that Thomas (Johansson) and Jonas (Björkman) are in charge makes it extra special,” said Federer who was once coached by Swede Pete Lundgren and who idolized Stefan Edberg. “Physically I’m feeling good, and mentally I have a lot left in me. I don’t feel like it’s the end of the year. I intend to make it fun for myself.”

No. 2 seed Robin Soderling and No. 3 Tomas Berdych are both in the bottom half of the draw.

Federer was blown out by Andy Murray in the Shanghai final. The Swiss has two titles on the year at the Australian Open and Cincinnati, and final losses in Madrid, Halle, Toronto and Shanghai.

Courtesy: TennisX

No comments:

Post a Comment