Thursday 21 October 2010

Murray's design for the O2

Andy has been playing with the paint :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



In celebration of Andy Murray’s qualification for the 2010 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, the ATP has released the Brit’s one-of-a-kind self-portrait, created using paint-covered tennis balls, to mark his participation in this year’s season-ending event.

As one of the first four players to qualify for the tournament, Murray’s artwork will hang alongside self-portraits by World No.1 Rafael Nadal, 16-time Grand Slam champion Roger Federer and World No.3 Novak Djokovic in the lead up to the season finale, to be held at The O2 in London from 21-28 November. Only the world’s Top 8 players who qualify to compete in the season finale will have their works of art exhibited and auctioned for charity in London.

For Murray, who secured his place at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals last week en route to capturing his 6th career ATP World Tour Masters 1000 title in Shanghai, the artistic experience was clearly a new one.

"I can't say I've ever created a self-portrait quite like this before - it was good fun but I don't think I'll be giving up my day job just quite yet! I'm looking forward to seeing it in the gallery, hopefully it can raise some money for charity!" said the World No.4.
Murray, who reached the Australian Open final earlier this year, fell during the group stages at The O2 last year, but the British No. 1 is clearly excited at the prospect of facing off against the world’s best in London again.

“If I play well I've got a chance of beating any of the guys. I'm excited to be playing in front of my home crowd; the atmosphere was great last year. I could be playing against Federer or Nadal in my first match in the Finals so I'm going to have to be on top of my game from the very start,” said the British No.1.

Portraits of all 8 singles finalists will be displayed to the public at a special exhibition at La Galleria Pall Mall, London from 8–18 November, and will then be sold via an online charity auction from the 8-28 November.





Courtesy: ATP

No comments:

Post a Comment